Jirku-Judge Private Eyes
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Onitor
No, it‘s not a techno boffin cover of Hall and Oates, but it‘s something nearly as pleasurable and without any postmodern ironic smarm. Abstract techno masters Tomas Jirku and Robin Judge meet up for an easy-going collaboration that gets both the big picture and the little details right. The echoing rhythms owe equally to minimal techno and Timbaland, while the tinny-yet-catchy lead melodies of tracks like "Double Trouble" sound like the 8-bit chipset reconfigured for a packed dancefloor.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player