Jirku-Judge Private Eyes
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Onitor
No, it‘s not a techno boffin cover of Hall and Oates, but it‘s something nearly as pleasurable and without any postmodern ironic smarm. Abstract techno masters Tomas Jirku and Robin Judge meet up for an easy-going collaboration that gets both the big picture and the little details right. The echoing rhythms owe equally to minimal techno and Timbaland, while the tinny-yet-catchy lead melodies of tracks like "Double Trouble" sound like the 8-bit chipset reconfigured for a packed dancefloor.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player