- Words: Martin Turenne
- Label: Versatile
Long live the French! First, they stand up to Dubya's war-mongering ways, and now they unleash an early contender for tech-house LP of the year, Joakim's F?ntomes. As its title suggest, there's something distinctly ghostly about this album, as if the Gallic producer left the tapes running overnight to capture the murmurs and echoes of the post-industrial world. "Are You Vegetarian?" is particularly gratifying, a shotgun wedding of bulbous electro basslines and stroboscopic dub effects. "John," meanwhile, pounds away metronomically at the body, an Air-esque soundtrack to an imagined horror movie whose climax might just break your heart-literally.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
XLR8R Downloads Player