- Words: Martin Turenne
- Label: Versatile
Long live the French! First, they stand up to Dubya's war-mongering ways, and now they unleash an early contender for tech-house LP of the year, Joakim's F?ntomes. As its title suggest, there's something distinctly ghostly about this album, as if the Gallic producer left the tapes running overnight to capture the murmurs and echoes of the post-industrial world. "Are You Vegetarian?" is particularly gratifying, a shotgun wedding of bulbous electro basslines and stroboscopic dub effects. "John," meanwhile, pounds away metronomically at the body, an Air-esque soundtrack to an imagined horror movie whose climax might just break your heart-literally.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player