- Words: Martin Turenne
- Label: Versatile
Long live the French! First, they stand up to Dubya's war-mongering ways, and now they unleash an early contender for tech-house LP of the year, Joakim's F?ntomes. As its title suggest, there's something distinctly ghostly about this album, as if the Gallic producer left the tapes running overnight to capture the murmurs and echoes of the post-industrial world. "Are You Vegetarian?" is particularly gratifying, a shotgun wedding of bulbous electro basslines and stroboscopic dub effects. "John," meanwhile, pounds away metronomically at the body, an Air-esque soundtrack to an imagined horror movie whose climax might just break your heart-literally.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player