Joe Beats Diverse Recourse
- Words: Steve Marchese
- Label: Bully
Although there's little in the way of indie-rock remix records to compare it to, former Non-Prophets producer Joe Beats' Indie Rock Blues remains the benchmark of the niche. Diverse Recourse, his first solo outing since that impressive release, continues his trademarked "unpaused" production technique, exploiting a raw, gritty instrumentalism that few producers can touch. Moody, and distinguished by warm, psychedelic loops, Diverse Recourse decisively establishes the Joe Beats "sound"-one that's been missing from hip-hop since its recent, often questionable turn toward faster BPMs. Again, Joe Beats shows his ability to breathe new life into a tired sound-a fitting soundtrack to spring's return.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player