Joe Beats Diverse Recourse
- Words: Steve Marchese
- Label: Bully
Although there's little in the way of indie-rock remix records to compare it to, former Non-Prophets producer Joe Beats' Indie Rock Blues remains the benchmark of the niche. Diverse Recourse, his first solo outing since that impressive release, continues his trademarked "unpaused" production technique, exploiting a raw, gritty instrumentalism that few producers can touch. Moody, and distinguished by warm, psychedelic loops, Diverse Recourse decisively establishes the Joe Beats "sound"-one that's been missing from hip-hop since its recent, often questionable turn toward faster BPMs. Again, Joe Beats shows his ability to breathe new life into a tired sound-a fitting soundtrack to spring's return.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player