Jogger This Great Pressure
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Magical Properties
- XLR8R Rating: 6/10
Technically, this is Jogger's first full-length, but there's enough music here to fill five albums. The duo (Amir Yaghmai on violin/guitar/vocals and Jonathan Larroquette on laptop/controllers/vocals) packs each of its 10 tracks here with sounds drawing on everything from ambient to folk to rock, utilizing a manic cut-and-paste-and-layer-and-distort-and-process aesthetic that's, well, crowded. To their credit, it's harder to pull off crowded than spare, but songs like “Master and Student” would have benefited from the more thoughtful treatment found on the superior “Champing at the Bit (Live).” Plenty artists suffer from a lack of ideas—Jogger has too many. Now it's just a matter of pacing themselves.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player