Jogger This Great Pressure
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Magical Properties
- XLR8R Rating: 6/10
Technically, this is Jogger's first full-length, but there's enough music here to fill five albums. The duo (Amir Yaghmai on violin/guitar/vocals and Jonathan Larroquette on laptop/controllers/vocals) packs each of its 10 tracks here with sounds drawing on everything from ambient to folk to rock, utilizing a manic cut-and-paste-and-layer-and-distort-and-process aesthetic that's, well, crowded. To their credit, it's harder to pull off crowded than spare, but songs like “Master and Student” would have benefited from the more thoughtful treatment found on the superior “Champing at the Bit (Live).” Plenty artists suffer from a lack of ideas—Jogger has too many. Now it's just a matter of pacing themselves.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player