John Arnold Neighborhood Science
- Words: Peter Nicholson
- Label: Ubiquity
From the slamming sci-funk of "I Can Be" to the smoothly clicking broken house of "Get Yourself Together," Arnold absolutely kills it on this debut long-player. Calling on the bounty of talent from around the block in Detroit, he enlists Ayro, Amp Fiddler and others to help out on an album that reveals the potential of true fusion, not mere lip-service pastiche. While there's plenty of busted beat programming (check the shifting stutter-stop of "Broken"), it never sinks into a contrarian exercise, always keeping a tight focus on a flowing musicality that unites the entire project. Truly brilliant!
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
XLR8R Downloads Player