John B In:Transit
- Words: Sean O'Neal
- Label: Beta
Whether it's that cool outfit he's wearing, his new wave hairdos or his genre-bending modernism, John B rocks drum & bass beats with clear-cut '80s overtones. On "In:Transit," B pummels us with an array of monster foghorn basslines, Metalheadz-ish tech-step roughness, blissful vocals that could float gracefully through sets by BT or Oakenfold, and the snarling smeared-lipstick-raunch of electroclash á la Miss Kittin and Adult. Right when the drum & bass movement seems to be slowly fading out, John B shocks us with one of the more cutting-edge albums the genre has ever heard.
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player