John B In:Transit
- Words: Sean O'Neal
- Label: Beta
Whether it's that cool outfit he's wearing, his new wave hairdos or his genre-bending modernism, John B rocks drum & bass beats with clear-cut '80s overtones. On "In:Transit," B pummels us with an array of monster foghorn basslines, Metalheadz-ish tech-step roughness, blissful vocals that could float gracefully through sets by BT or Oakenfold, and the snarling smeared-lipstick-raunch of electroclash á la Miss Kittin and Adult. Right when the drum & bass movement seems to be slowly fading out, John B shocks us with one of the more cutting-edge albums the genre has ever heard.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player