John Dahlbäck At the Gun Show
- Words: Anna Balkrishna
- Label: Pickadoll Music
- XLR8R Rating: 5/10
It's definitely a crapshoot when the freakishly prolific John Dahlbäck decides to release a proper album. The best? Or just the rest of the Swedish tech-house producer's sprawling catalog of dirty, rave-tastic 12-inches? At the Gun Show promises some lip-biting bass-bin moments: "Don't Speak" and "See My Show" are chock full of the most awesomely jagged analog synths and filtered arpeggios this side of Get Physical. Many tracks, though, are short on memorable hooks and long on siren effects and dated, faux-creepy vocals ("See My Show" being an unfortunate offender), making the album a tad wearying.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player