John Dahlbäck At the Gun Show
- Words: Anna Balkrishna
- Label: Pickadoll Music
- XLR8R Rating: 5/10
It's definitely a crapshoot when the freakishly prolific John Dahlbäck decides to release a proper album. The best? Or just the rest of the Swedish tech-house producer's sprawling catalog of dirty, rave-tastic 12-inches? At the Gun Show promises some lip-biting bass-bin moments: "Don't Speak" and "See My Show" are chock full of the most awesomely jagged analog synths and filtered arpeggios this side of Get Physical. Many tracks, though, are short on memorable hooks and long on siren effects and dated, faux-creepy vocals ("See My Show" being an unfortunate offender), making the album a tad wearying.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player