John Dahlb‚ck Man From The Fall
- Words: Mike Battaglia
- Label: Systematic
With 20+ releases this year, 20-year-old Swede John Dahlbäck (Jesper‘s cousin) seems unstoppable as he offers his second album, the first through Marc Romboy‘s Systematic imprint. In keeping with the label‘s aesthetic, Dahlbäck crafts bumpin‘ electro-house that works best in the Chicago jack of "Take Me Back" or the sawtooth melodies of "My Love for Machines." Shades of Underworld-intricate, driving rhythms and large hooks-permeate the album, especially on the simple yet effectively quirky "Day of the Night" or the anthemic "It Feels So Good," but what you‘re getting here is pure dancefloor creativity from one of the most promising talents on the planet.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
XLR8R Downloads Player