John Dahlb‚ck Man From The Fall
- Words: Mike Battaglia
- Label: Systematic
With 20+ releases this year, 20-year-old Swede John Dahlbäck (Jesper‘s cousin) seems unstoppable as he offers his second album, the first through Marc Romboy‘s Systematic imprint. In keeping with the label‘s aesthetic, Dahlbäck crafts bumpin‘ electro-house that works best in the Chicago jack of "Take Me Back" or the sawtooth melodies of "My Love for Machines." Shades of Underworld-intricate, driving rhythms and large hooks-permeate the album, especially on the simple yet effectively quirky "Day of the Night" or the anthemic "It Feels So Good," but what you‘re getting here is pure dancefloor creativity from one of the most promising talents on the planet.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player