John Tejada & Arian Leviste The Dot & The Line
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Moods And Grooves
Motor City-influenced John Tejada might be the most unlikely resident of LA's electronic scene. His newest album with longtime co-producer Arian Leviste offers classic Tejada tech-house stylings: smooth, lean grooves swiped with breakbeats, catchy loops and very clean production. As might be expected, some tracks are better suited as DJ mixing material, such as the driving "Brio," which offers great jacking house grooves that don't move in any particular direction. Standout cuts include the riveting "Stereographic Mix Up," a hypnotizing exercise in strapping minimalism, and "Language Barrier," which dissolves upbeat stabbing synths into moody, melodic techno. Check the old-school Detroit vibe of "Throwback," which keenly hearkens to Tejada's more appropriate musical home.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player