Johnny Halo Mutha Plays Bass
- Words: Star Eyes
- Label: Cellar Door
This Northampton, UK, label hosts the talents of John Morrow, a former half of uplifting drum & bass outfit Foul Play. Not as angelic as you'd think, he delivers a sneaky stormer with buzzing bass and old-school noises (a "Dark Stranger" riff, sweet synth stabs) obscuring the breaks. "Let It Go" uses a classic vocal as the centerpiece of an upbeat, but mysterious, number.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player