Johnny Halo Mutha Plays Bass
- Words: Star Eyes
- Label: Cellar Door
This Northampton, UK, label hosts the talents of John Morrow, a former half of uplifting drum & bass outfit Foul Play. Not as angelic as you'd think, he delivers a sneaky stormer with buzzing bass and old-school noises (a "Dark Stranger" riff, sweet synth stabs) obscuring the breaks. "Let It Go" uses a classic vocal as the centerpiece of an upbeat, but mysterious, number.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player