Johnny Halo Mutha Plays Bass
- Words: Star Eyes
- Label: Cellar Door
This Northampton, UK, label hosts the talents of John Morrow, a former half of uplifting drum & bass outfit Foul Play. Not as angelic as you'd think, he delivers a sneaky stormer with buzzing bass and old-school noises (a "Dark Stranger" riff, sweet synth stabs) obscuring the breaks. "Let It Go" uses a classic vocal as the centerpiece of an upbeat, but mysterious, number.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player