Jokers of the Scene Top Shelf Mother Fucker Mix
- Words: Matt Earp
- Label: Mad Decent
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Jokers of the Scene have become the darlings of the Mad Decent label, and with good reason: Their catchy remixes and original tracks call to mind the loopy in-your-face-ness of Switch, and their sampling choices are familiar enough to elicit cheers on the dancefloor while still sounding fresh. The mix is about one-third original material or remixes, and the rest offers J.O.T.S.-approved tunes from Radioclit, Acid Jacks, Crookers, and Bart B More. The XXXChange/Devlin/Darko remix of DJ Class and two mixes of J.O.T.S.’s “Juggle It” are highlights. The whole thing is filled with buzzing synths and post-disco/electro beats, and while sometimes the mix plays it a bit safe, it’s a good fun overall.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player