Jol Moody Aow
- Words: Jon Freer
- Label: April
Outlandish yet accessible, conceptual yet tangible, Moody Aow is a bamboozling, paradoxical collection of sleazy upbeat downbeat cuts that confirms Jol's reputation as a talented beat technician and multi-instrumentalist. "Spirit Of Pyrinee" looks to the mountains for inspiration, as liquid keys jam with aggrieved strings that conceal a terrible secret. "Cool Cat" is a fitting name for a majestic, vibraphone-laced grooving cut. "Kids In The Song" is an effortlessly cheerful number, with light-hearted keys, appealing clarinet and individualistic bass guitar. Moody Aow exudes a good-natured amiability that walks arm in arm with the album's sinister undertones.
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
- NewsListen to Bodhi's New Single for Ten Thousand Yen
XLR8R Downloads Player