Jon E. Cash Battle
- Words: Tomas
- Label: Below 40 Hz
UK-chart topping Cash splashed down at Miami's Winter Music Conference this year with his bleak and sinister grime sound, countering the city's coastal sunshine with his brutal mechanical beats. Surely he rattled some skulls at the Transatlantic party with his two recent cannon blasts "Kettle" and "Battle". Fans of Dizzee and Wiley will be stuck like 3M adhesive to Cash's brash synth workouts. "Battle"'s typewriter snare clicks and thunderclap accents could fire up an entire Marine battalion before an assault. War music for a war era.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player