Jon Keneddy Take My Drum to England
- Words: Jennifer Marston
- Label: Grand Central
Stockport native Kennedy makes it clear that his heart remains with his drum kit on this debut album. The mix of rock-style hi-hats and snares, as well as the funky tom-toms show off his musical background and bring a complex, intelligent rhythm to each track. How fortunate, then, that the drum is only one small piece of this musical collage, which exceeds the boundaries of predictable songwriting. An added bonus are the layers of guitars, flutes and pianos that sound like Layo and Bushwacka and the members of Zero 7 locked in a closet together with an acoustic guitar. And that makes for an album definitely worth checking out.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player