- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Mikrolux
As the all-things-not-quite-electro arm of the Elektrolux label, Mikrolux welcomes yet another new talent to the roster, delivering 15 cuts of Amiga 1200-generated continuum. One would have to cite Boards of Canada and Autechre as likely influences here, as the bulk of Chiplandschaften pulls on our heartstrings with lush aquarium chording, endlessly trailing reverb, and textbook DSP. Logical construction, though competently orchestrated, tends to lead each chapter in a predictable and, at times, soundtrack-like direction despite the well-intended IDM beat robotics. A fuel-efficient ride through some familiar but not-so-scenic territory.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player