- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Mikrolux
As the all-things-not-quite-electro arm of the Elektrolux label, Mikrolux welcomes yet another new talent to the roster, delivering 15 cuts of Amiga 1200-generated continuum. One would have to cite Boards of Canada and Autechre as likely influences here, as the bulk of Chiplandschaften pulls on our heartstrings with lush aquarium chording, endlessly trailing reverb, and textbook DSP. Logical construction, though competently orchestrated, tends to lead each chapter in a predictable and, at times, soundtrack-like direction despite the well-intended IDM beat robotics. A fuel-efficient ride through some familiar but not-so-scenic territory.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player