Jori Hulkkonen Different
- Words: Martin Turenne
- Label: F Communications
Like an amalgam of Derrick May and Marc Almond, Finland's Jori Hulkkonen proves that you can have fun and face the future all at once. Different finds the Finnish technoist indulging his guilty pop pleasures, as he enlists the help of electro maven Tiga on the almost too-silly "Blue & White." While Hulkkonen works up a bubbly tech-house lather, the mullet-sporting Montrealer sings a paean to Finland's finest hockey heroes. Different? Indeed.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player