- Words: Cameron Octigan
- Label: Minus
Jeremy Jacobs wants nothing to do with the minimal-gone-maximal trend. The Indiana-based artist is the newest addition to Minus' stable, and as JPLS he makes the label's most sparse and restrained techno. Previously he has been unconcerned with making heads nod, choosing instead to focus on production and mood. But this, his first LP, finds a happy medium between thinking and thumping. "Twilite 3," a light-hearted take on minimalist tech-house, belongs early in the night, and "Twilite 8" is an acidic blip fest of peak-hour proportions. Jacobs' vision always allows both the songs and the sounds to breathe, hinting at the idea that space really is the place.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player