- Words: Cameron Octigan
- Label: Minus
Jeremy Jacobs wants nothing to do with the minimal-gone-maximal trend. The Indiana-based artist is the newest addition to Minus' stable, and as JPLS he makes the label's most sparse and restrained techno. Previously he has been unconcerned with making heads nod, choosing instead to focus on production and mood. But this, his first LP, finds a happy medium between thinking and thumping. "Twilite 3," a light-hearted take on minimalist tech-house, belongs early in the night, and "Twilite 8" is an acidic blip fest of peak-hour proportions. Jacobs' vision always allows both the songs and the sounds to breathe, hinting at the idea that space really is the place.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
XLR8R Downloads Player