Jukka Eskola Jukka Eskola
- Words: Peter Nicholson
- Label: Free Agent
This is jazz on the cool-out tip-but when you grab your pipe and slippers, make sure your kicks won‘t slip on the dancefloor. Five Corner‘s Quintet/Nu Spirit Helsinki/Teddy Rok 7 trumpet man Jukka Eskola steps up center stage with a debut long-player of choice club jazz. Joints like "1974," with its finger-snapping melody, and the rim-shot bumping "Buttercup," with its rootsy Rhodes and upright bass interplay, work equally well for cocktail swillers on the prowl or lounge lizards lurking in the living room. Whatever the locale, Eskola‘s fine horn work shines through, from dark and smoky on "Last Breath" to bright and wild on the funky "Duudamdej."
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
XLR8R Downloads Player