Jumbonics Talk to the Animals
- Words: Joshua P. Ferguson
- Label: Tru Thoughts
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Ditching their predominantly instrumental productions for a more song-based, vocal-led album, Jumbonics welcomes vocalist Norman Anderson on their sophomore effort for Tru Thoughts. The addition of Anderson's vocals puts them in a similar vein to Plant Life, showing their shared love of organ-driven, '60s soul. Although a bit sugary, their signature soulful and jazzy punch still shines through. It's their instrumental tracks that steal the show here, proving that they haven't lost their ability to combine disco strings and funk drums with a b-boy aesthetic specially tailored to wreak havoc on the dancefloor.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player