Junior Delgado Invisible Music
- Words: David Katz
- Label: Incredible
A quintessential roots reggae vocalist, Delgado‘s anguished growl was a cry from the wilderness, generally drawing attention to injustice, uplifting the poor, and praising the delights of love. His untimely death in April means this album is unfortunately his last, but the swansong is a real treat, sensitively co-produced by Adrian Sherwood. Delgado is in fine form throughout, pointing a finger of condemnation at western leaders on the excellent "Thief of Bagdad" and warning of an impending World War III on "Armageddon," but also noting the positive in life on "Help is on the Way" and the title track. Highly recommended.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player