Junk Science Gran'Dad's Nerve Tonic
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Embedded-Definitive Jux
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Junk Science proudly reps the more easygoing side of Brooklyn hip-hop, in which lo-fi beats and everyday raps are customary. Following up their well-received debut, Feeding Einstein, MC Baje One and beatmaker Snafu return for more calm and clever joints that may not get you hype, but are sure to spark thought and a few head nods. While Snafu provides the laid-back, sample-centric grooves, Baje works his storytelling magic on songs like "Jerry McGuire"-a vivid vision about quitting a dead-end job. It's not too often that hip-hop so real can provide such an escape.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player