k-the-i??? Broken Love Letter
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Mush
One of the strangest hip-hop records ever, Broken Love Letter isn't an album so much as therapy for a man traumatized by relationship problems. k-the-i???'s creepily obsessive digs at the fairer sex are spit in a manic-panic state, his pained urgency negating any sense of familiar flow. k's literally off-beat style is distinctive, but it's an acquired taste. Much better is the music, which juxtaposes subliminal snippets of easy listening with the sort of chaotically teeming, cacophonous funk that makes El-P's joints sound like P.M. Dawn. Think: Bomb Squad producing cLOUDDEAD, with a romantic loser on the mic.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player