Kadet Thin Air
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Current
Kadet Kuhne is part of a growing mob convincingly arguing that intriguing digital art and Southern California are not antithetical. An installation and video artist as well as a musician, Kadet‘s Thin Air was entirely created with Sensorium, an interactive software environment, but the process is really only as important as the result. The result is a strange and enveloping pocket of barely-there music: synthetic scrapes, soothing plinks, the sounds of live patch cords plugging in. Yet Kadet‘s work somehow looms larger than the sum of its soundwaves, grasping for a larger, more impressively cinematic headspace.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player