Kaito Hundred Million Love Years
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Kompakt
There's a fine line between innovation and gimmick, and Hiroshi Watanabe, on his fourth full-length for Kompakt, sometimes crosses it. Hundred Million Love Years is the beat-less accompaniment (no percussion or bass) to his previous Hundred Million Light Years, an album full of warm, pop-flavored trance. On Love Years, Watanabe's layered synths sound lovely but they're without structure and indistinct from one another. The result is a little too chilled out. There are moments of beauty, but a little goes a long way; listening to the whole record is like making a meal of cotton candy: tasty, but too airy to satisfy.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
XLR8R Downloads Player