Karsh Kale Broken English
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: Six Degrees
On his third full-length, tabla player/drummer/DJ Karsh Kale keeps his progressive South Asian temperament intact while moving into rock, hip-hop, and broken-beat territory. Merely hinting at these styles on Liberation, we find a full assault of cross-cultural aesthetics merging into a driving soundclash. Cincinnati-reared MC Napoleon Solo adds lyrical depth to "Manifest" while Sophie Michalitsianos ensures that "Beautiful" lives up to its name, but Broken English‘s real strengths are ghazal vocalist Vishal Vaid and Kale‘s creative depth as producer. One listen to the anthemic "Rise Up" lets you know something new is brewing in global electronic music.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player