Karsh Kale Broken English
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: Six Degrees
On his third full-length, tabla player/drummer/DJ Karsh Kale keeps his progressive South Asian temperament intact while moving into rock, hip-hop, and broken-beat territory. Merely hinting at these styles on Liberation, we find a full assault of cross-cultural aesthetics merging into a driving soundclash. Cincinnati-reared MC Napoleon Solo adds lyrical depth to "Manifest" while Sophie Michalitsianos ensures that "Beautiful" lives up to its name, but Broken English‘s real strengths are ghazal vocalist Vishal Vaid and Kale‘s creative depth as producer. One listen to the anthemic "Rise Up" lets you know something new is brewing in global electronic music.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player