Kashmere Stage Band Texas Thunder Soul 1968-1974
- Words: Jesse Serwer
- Label: Now Again
There's no question, after listening to Texas Thunder Soul, that thirty-odd years ago, Houston's Kashmere High School had one of the meanest school bands of all time. The revolving crew of 14-to-18-year-olds rips through funk nuggets like Dennis Coffey's "Scorpio" and Isaac Hayes' "Do Your Thing" (and some originals) as if their last names were Stubblefield, Parker, and Wesley. But does this archaeological dig have to cover two discs, with studio and live versions of many of the same songs? Just sayin'. Essentially, this is highly funky material from high school kids who definitely knew something about jammin' on the one.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player