Kaskade Bring the Night
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Ultra
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
San Francisco house DJ and producer Kaskade started out playing small rooms, but as his star rose, so did the size of his crowds, and this, his fourth mix CD, is clearly geared to the big room. There’s no pretension on display here, only club-ready bangers designed to get asses shaking. To that end there’s Armand Van Helden’s old-school “NYC Beat” and the Dirty South remix of Kaskade’s “Sorry,” an expansive track that’s been flogged plenty. And it’s a testament to Kaskade’s own remixing talents that he even makes execrable sellout Nelly Furtado sound fun on his remix of “All Good Things (Come to an End).”
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player