Kaskade Bring the Night
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Ultra
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
San Francisco house DJ and producer Kaskade started out playing small rooms, but as his star rose, so did the size of his crowds, and this, his fourth mix CD, is clearly geared to the big room. There’s no pretension on display here, only club-ready bangers designed to get asses shaking. To that end there’s Armand Van Helden’s old-school “NYC Beat” and the Dirty South remix of Kaskade’s “Sorry,” an expansive track that’s been flogged plenty. And it’s a testament to Kaskade’s own remixing talents that he even makes execrable sellout Nelly Furtado sound fun on his remix of “All Good Things (Come to an End).”
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- MP3Juan Ramos "The Mariner"
XLR8R Downloads Player