- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Luaka Bop
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
This album title was meant to be a bit of a joke–the songs here are unabashedly retro bossa melodies laid against lightly propelling percussion. But while Kassin+2 pays homage to their Brazilian roots, the album does have modern flourishes, including the toy-like sounds on “Quando Nara Ri,” the guitar riffs on the spacey “Ponto Final,” the quasi-surf-rock “Homem ao Mar,” and the electronic effects of “Samba Machine.” Sometimes, though, the songs don’t quite get past a bland sort of pleasantness, as on “Mensagem,” where a tad more actual futurism might have been helpful.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player