Keak Da Sneak and San Quinn Welcome to Scokland
- Words: Eric K. Arnold
- Label: Ehustl
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
Frisco’s finest meets Oakland’s grimiest. Putting two Bay Area legends together for an entire album is an inspired idea, resulting in a double dose of what Keak and Quinn call “Marinated Game, Profane Slang.” Just when you thought hyphy was deader than Heath Ledger, Keak’s beastly growls and Quinn’s qualitative flows revive the movement. Tracks like “Hot ‘n’ Cool,” “Hollarin’,” and “We Can Bubble Up” should satisfy the candy paint-and-Vogues contingent’s appetite for slap, while imitators who bit the blueprint get chastised on “Copy Cat.” Forget the party crashers and bandwagon jumpers; with the cream of the Yay Area’s crop lacing primo verses for the streets, fans of West Coast rap once again have reason to pop their collars.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player