Kelley Polar I Need You to Hold On While the Sky Is Falling
- Words: Justin Hopper
- Label: Environ
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
With his second album, Mike Kelley (a.k.a. Kelley Polar) has entered into a small pantheon of electro-pop conceptualists inhabited by the likes of Matthew Herbert and labelmates Metro Area. I Need You to Hold On While the Sky Is Falling buttresses moments of dance-floor purity like “Entropy Reigns” (à la Depeche Mode) with the likes of “A Dream in Three Parts,” based on melodies composed by Romanian romanticist George Enesco (which winds up sounding a bit like The Communards). This is pop that borrows from Philip Glass while retaining an electro-egalitarianism: Is it always successful? No. Is it always beautifully, courageously ambitious? Hell, yeah.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player