Kevin Blechdom Eat My Heart Out
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Sub Up-Chicks on Speed
No, you did not see the psychosexual album cover; move on. Blechdom needs to move on likewise from her Fisher Price-made synth presets and ditties that were once amusing five years ago. Eat My Heart Out is basically a set of ballads from a lovesick and fetal-positioned soul. As irony barely excuses bad art these days, the Hallmark-quality poetry and the tacky Nickelodeon pop do not muster-although the Mr. Rogers chimes that begin "Torture Chamber" are amusing. "It‘s funny, being yourself is making a joke itself," Kevin utters to herself at one point. Indeed.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player