Kevin Blechdom Eat My Heart Out
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Sub Up-Chicks on Speed
No, you did not see the psychosexual album cover; move on. Blechdom needs to move on likewise from her Fisher Price-made synth presets and ditties that were once amusing five years ago. Eat My Heart Out is basically a set of ballads from a lovesick and fetal-positioned soul. As irony barely excuses bad art these days, the Hallmark-quality poetry and the tacky Nickelodeon pop do not muster-although the Mr. Rogers chimes that begin "Torture Chamber" are amusing. "It‘s funny, being yourself is making a joke itself," Kevin utters to herself at one point. Indeed.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player