Kevin Yost Future Flashback
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: i! Records
Veteran house producer Kevin Yost has all but abandoned his prior dance music history. Future Flashback finds Yost freely exploring his lifelong obsession with jazz melodies: the result sounds like an airier, electronic version of Kyoto Jazz Massive, bubbling with tinkling piano notes and light jazz riffs with house beats floating only like friendly specters amidst Yost‘s dreamy atmospheres. With its unmistakable lounge vibes, Future Flashback sounds like something that belongs on Germany‘s Compost imprint (particularly "Free," "Take Me Back" and "Welcome Home") requiring both a relaxed ‘tude and chilled cocktail in hand for proper appreciation.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player