Kevin Yost Future Flashback
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: i! Records
Veteran house producer Kevin Yost has all but abandoned his prior dance music history. Future Flashback finds Yost freely exploring his lifelong obsession with jazz melodies: the result sounds like an airier, electronic version of Kyoto Jazz Massive, bubbling with tinkling piano notes and light jazz riffs with house beats floating only like friendly specters amidst Yost‘s dreamy atmospheres. With its unmistakable lounge vibes, Future Flashback sounds like something that belongs on Germany‘s Compost imprint (particularly "Free," "Take Me Back" and "Welcome Home") requiring both a relaxed ‘tude and chilled cocktail in hand for proper appreciation.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player