Khan Who Never Rests
- Words: Anna Balkrishna
- Label: Tomlab
What's up with Berliners ditching techno for electro-fried soul and funk albums lately? Ripping a distant page from city-mates Jamie Lidell and Mocky, Can Oral (half of electro-trashers Captain Comatose) assumes his Khan persona for the relentlessly colorful Who Never Rests. Grinding his warble against grimy guitar strings like a pelvic thrust, Khan croons about making love in the drive-thru and spanking the monkey with intensity that teeters between sexy and absurd. Jams like "Excommunication" and the title track are legitimate bump-n-grinders; you'd be hard-pressed not to tug at your underpants just a little bit.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
XLR8R Downloads Player