Khan Who Never Rests
- Words: Anna Balkrishna
- Label: Tomlab
What's up with Berliners ditching techno for electro-fried soul and funk albums lately? Ripping a distant page from city-mates Jamie Lidell and Mocky, Can Oral (half of electro-trashers Captain Comatose) assumes his Khan persona for the relentlessly colorful Who Never Rests. Grinding his warble against grimy guitar strings like a pelvic thrust, Khan croons about making love in the drive-thru and spanking the monkey with intensity that teeters between sexy and absurd. Jams like "Excommunication" and the title track are legitimate bump-n-grinders; you'd be hard-pressed not to tug at your underpants just a little bit.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player