Khan Who Never Rests
- Words: Anna Balkrishna
- Label: Tomlab
What's up with Berliners ditching techno for electro-fried soul and funk albums lately? Ripping a distant page from city-mates Jamie Lidell and Mocky, Can Oral (half of electro-trashers Captain Comatose) assumes his Khan persona for the relentlessly colorful Who Never Rests. Grinding his warble against grimy guitar strings like a pelvic thrust, Khan croons about making love in the drive-thru and spanking the monkey with intensity that teeters between sexy and absurd. Jams like "Excommunication" and the title track are legitimate bump-n-grinders; you'd be hard-pressed not to tug at your underpants just a little bit.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player