Kid 606 Kill Sound Before Sound Kills You
- Words: Heath K. Hignight
- Label: Ipecac
With his third LP, Kill Sound..., Miguel Depedro (alias Kid606) goes from laptop jock and mash-up impresario to bona fide culture recycler, skimming off the best ten seconds (and there usually were only ten seconds) of early '90s rave anthems and molding them into ragga, breakcore, dancehall and post-noise simulacra. Each tune is a dance music time capsule. For the quickstep thriller "Ecstacy Motherfucker," Depedro ravages rave classics from N.A.S.A., DJ Hype, Yolk and at least 20 others. If you're familiar with the original tracks, listening to Kill Sound... feels like failing an Alzheimer's test; for the rest of the world, it simply makes for top-notch dance-punk entertainment.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player