Kid 606 Shout at the Döner
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
- Label: Tigerbeat6
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
Miguel Depedro may have relocated to Berlin, but the man still knows how make a hyperactive racket. Kid 606 has been creeping into dancefloor territory for a while now, but Shout at the Döner is his first release to effectively combine the sonic mayhem of Depedro’s early glitch records with his love for the speaker-rattling sounds of bassline, electro, hardcore, and old-school rave. “Mr. Wobble’s Nightmare” transforms 4Hero’s rave classic “Mr. Kirk’s Nightmare” into a menacing wobble-bass anthem, “Samhain, California” could be an updated take on Nitzer Ebb, and low-end workouts such as “Dancehall of the Dead” and “Monsters” sound like Trouble & Bass on amphetamines. The music may be dense, but this aural assault is made for dancing.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player