Kid 606 Who Still Kill Sound?
- Words: Martin Turenne
- Label: Tigerbeat 6
From the jump, Who Still Kill Sound? announces the return of Miguel Depedro at his bratty best, shaking off the relative consonance of last year's Kill Sound Before Sound Kills You. Numbers like "Slammin' Ragga Bootleg Track" and "Live Acid Jam" are suitably titled, as is "Robitussin Motherfucker," a tribute to Houston's DJ Screw, the progenitor of the chopped and screwed remix. Even after imbibing a bottle of cough syrup, the Kid can't help but turn his phasers to full blast, slowing only the vocal in this otherwise manic post-jungle burner. Indeed, if the globe seems to be spinning faster these days, blame Kid 606.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player