Kid Acne Council Pop
- Words: Vivian Host
- Label: Invisible Spies
When he's not busy drawing screaming dinosaurs and bong-smoking gods, London's Kid Acne is adding another face to the dodecahedron that is millennial British hip-hop. On Council Pop, our Kid teams up with fellow graffist Req One (of Warp Records) for 12 tracks that owe a lot to the classic boom-bap of old school hip-hop but fuzz up the formula with electronic funk, glitchy editing, and cartoon touches. Kid's rapping is pretty straightforward, but the lyrics are clever and the end result sounds not unlike a UK equivalent of some Def Jux runners. Get out your markers, your backpacks and your knit hats, and get it on.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player