Kid Acne Council Pop
- Words: Vivian Host
- Label: Invisible Spies
When he's not busy drawing screaming dinosaurs and bong-smoking gods, London's Kid Acne is adding another face to the dodecahedron that is millennial British hip-hop. On Council Pop, our Kid teams up with fellow graffist Req One (of Warp Records) for 12 tracks that owe a lot to the classic boom-bap of old school hip-hop but fuzz up the formula with electronic funk, glitchy editing, and cartoon touches. Kid's rapping is pretty straightforward, but the lyrics are clever and the end result sounds not unlike a UK equivalent of some Def Jux runners. Get out your markers, your backpacks and your knit hats, and get it on.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player