Kid Acne Council Pop
- Words: Vivian Host
- Label: Invisible Spies
When he's not busy drawing screaming dinosaurs and bong-smoking gods, London's Kid Acne is adding another face to the dodecahedron that is millennial British hip-hop. On Council Pop, our Kid teams up with fellow graffist Req One (of Warp Records) for 12 tracks that owe a lot to the classic boom-bap of old school hip-hop but fuzz up the formula with electronic funk, glitchy editing, and cartoon touches. Kid's rapping is pretty straightforward, but the lyrics are clever and the end result sounds not unlike a UK equivalent of some Def Jux runners. Get out your markers, your backpacks and your knit hats, and get it on.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player