Kid Spatula Meast
- Words: Heath K. Hignight
- Label: Planet Mu
For non-spotters curious about Mike Paradinas' sound some 10 years ago, this double-CD set on Paradinas' own Planet Mu imprint is the cheap way to go. Why plunk down top dollar for out-of-print versions of his Mu-ziq monikered Bluff Limbo or In Pine Effect albums, or the exquisite first Kid Spatula album, Spatula Freak? No need. Paradinas' signature four-bar bass patterns and simplified synthy melodies are all over Meast, namely because its tracks are pulled from dusty mid-'90s DATs. Meast is old hat-nothing new, and most of the themes are incomplete or unembellished. Pass if you own any other Kid Spatula material.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player