Kid Spatula Meast
- Words: Heath K. Hignight
- Label: Planet Mu
For non-spotters curious about Mike Paradinas' sound some 10 years ago, this double-CD set on Paradinas' own Planet Mu imprint is the cheap way to go. Why plunk down top dollar for out-of-print versions of his Mu-ziq monikered Bluff Limbo or In Pine Effect albums, or the exquisite first Kid Spatula album, Spatula Freak? No need. Paradinas' signature four-bar bass patterns and simplified synthy melodies are all over Meast, namely because its tracks are pulled from dusty mid-'90s DATs. Meast is old hat-nothing new, and most of the themes are incomplete or unembellished. Pass if you own any other Kid Spatula material.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player