Kidz In The Hall (Naledge & Double O) School Was My Hustle
- Words: Jesse Serwer
- Label: Major League-Rawkus
Lupe Fiasco might be pushing the everyman-rapper angle hard but, on School Was My Hustle, fellow Chicago MC Naledge gives the skateboarder a run for his money. Teamed with DJ/producer Double O as Kidz in the Hall, Naledge proves that Ivy League guys (he and Double O are Penn grads) can rock the mic too, infusing tracks like "Go Ill" and "Dumbass Tales" with a healthy dose of personality and storytelling ability. While the project at times feels a little derivative of Kanye West's College Dropout, it's also a clever inversion of Kanye's concept, extolling the virtues of formal education rather than mocking them.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player