Kidz In The Hall (Naledge & Double O) School Was My Hustle
- Words: Jesse Serwer
- Label: Major League-Rawkus
Lupe Fiasco might be pushing the everyman-rapper angle hard but, on School Was My Hustle, fellow Chicago MC Naledge gives the skateboarder a run for his money. Teamed with DJ/producer Double O as Kidz in the Hall, Naledge proves that Ivy League guys (he and Double O are Penn grads) can rock the mic too, infusing tracks like "Go Ill" and "Dumbass Tales" with a healthy dose of personality and storytelling ability. While the project at times feels a little derivative of Kanye West's College Dropout, it's also a clever inversion of Kanye's concept, extolling the virtues of formal education rather than mocking them.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player