Kidz in the Hall The In Crowd
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Duck Down
- XLR8R Rating: 7.5/10
Pushing substantial hip-hop to the public can be a tricky undertaking, which the Chicago/Jersey act Kidz in the Hall is well aware of. With their sophomore set, MC Naledge and producer Double-O spare some of the righteousness exhibited on their debut without necessarily dumbing it down. The bass-centric “Drivin’ Down the Block” makes for the ideal summertime cruising anthem while the jazzy “Snob Hop” is a straight shot of lyrical flossing. Despite not making the most thought-provoking tracks, the Kidz accomplish exactly what they set out to do with style. The duo doesn’t always hit their target–which is painfully clear on the messy, R&B-tinged “Love Hangover”–but overall they’re one step closer to achieving mass appeal.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player