Kieran Hebden and Steve Reid The Exchange Session Vol. 1
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Domino
Following a short series of completely improvised performances in Europe, Kieran Hebden (a.k.a. Four Tet) and legendary jazzman Steve Reid headed straight into the studio, and this is the exciting result. "Experimental" doesn't begin to describe what these two create by coupling Reid's drumming with Hebden's electronic wizardry, which was all done on the spot, without any post-production sequencing. Four Tet fans be warned: This is a considerable departure for an already progressive instrumentalist. Nevertheless the three lengthy, free-flowing "exchanges" between Hebden and Reid do not cease to fascinate, even if they can become a bit hectic.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player