Kikumoto Allstars House Music
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: International Deejay Gigolo
- XLR8R Rating: 6/10
Thank goodness for truth in advertising—the album is called House Music, and it is house music, '80s acid house to be exact. This sharply, tightly produced album was even made with analog synths and drum machines. “Take you back to '86,” goes part of “I'll Make You Jack,” and “I pledge allegiance to the house groove,” notes the coolly possessed female vocals on “Still Can't Stop the House.” So why bother picking up this album by the Allstars (a.k.a. DJ/Producer Cam Farrar)? After all, this isn't new ground—but as a loving homage, it's not only spot on, it's also fun in its own right. '86, yeah, but a little '09, too.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player