Kill Memory Crash American Automatic
- Words: Peter Nicholson
- Label: Ghostly International
Set your synths to stun and throw your skinny ties skyward-Kill Memory Crash is here to herald the bastard child of techno and industrial. Unfortunately, the band's speak is the same cliché, processed voice. Tired monotones aside, American Automatic thrums with energetic dismay, with dark and gleaming digital details pogoing between machine drums. With the rubberband breaks of "Doorway Nine" and slicing manipulations of "Demento" churning around an intriguing slower cut like "Utiu" and the rave flashback keys of "The O," Kill Memory Crash sells themselves short with their vocal treatment-an all-instrumental version, on the other hand, would be the perfect soundtrack to any crumbling dystopia.
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureXLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- NewsThe Great American Techno Festival Announces Dates and Initial Line-Up
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with FaltyDL, Dekmantel, Randomer, and More
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player