Kill Memory Crash American Automatic
- Words: Peter Nicholson
- Label: Ghostly International
Set your synths to stun and throw your skinny ties skyward-Kill Memory Crash is here to herald the bastard child of techno and industrial. Unfortunately, the band's speak is the same cliché, processed voice. Tired monotones aside, American Automatic thrums with energetic dismay, with dark and gleaming digital details pogoing between machine drums. With the rubberband breaks of "Doorway Nine" and slicing manipulations of "Demento" churning around an intriguing slower cut like "Utiu" and the rave flashback keys of "The O," Kill Memory Crash sells themselves short with their vocal treatment-an all-instrumental version, on the other hand, would be the perfect soundtrack to any crumbling dystopia.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player