King Coya Cumbias de Villa Donde
As cumbia is increasingly embraced worldwide, it's exciting to see how this folkloric tradition has been given so many new treatments. On Cumbias de Villa Donde, Argentina's King Coya (of Zizek) is staking his own spot in the future of South American-inspired electronic music with no shortage of creativity. This collection of remixes and original material begins with the sultry slow-and-low riddims of "Villa Donde" and only becomes more colorful from there. With "Trocitos De Madera (KC Version)," KC takes us into the club with uptempo melodies and then has no problem bringing the beat back to chill zone on "Cumbiatron." To see where cumbia is headed next, Coya's latest is a smart place to start.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player