King Midas Sound Waiting for You
As The Bug, dub master Kevin Martin invites flame and fury into his studio, employing dancehall MCs to invoke poison darts, murder, pain, and insanity, as displayed by his brilliant 2008 LP, London Zoo. He dials down the temperature with King Midas Sound, a dream-dub project featuring poet Roger Robinson and vocalist Kiki Hitomi, with no loss of killer effect. The two share the microphone on the hazy, hypnotic "Goodbye Girl," the ethereal stomp "Outta Space," and the dread-filled environmental polemic "Earth a Kill Ya." Martin weaves subtle production touches throughout, increasing and reducing sonic pressure, adding snares ("One Ting") and crispy crackles and pops ("13 Miles and Miles") atop thickening layers of tasty, melodic bass vibrations.
- NewsSteffi and Martyn Announce Collaborative EP as Doms & Deykers
- NewsAirhead Preps New Single for Hemlock
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player