King Midas Sound Waiting for You
As The Bug, dub master Kevin Martin invites flame and fury into his studio, employing dancehall MCs to invoke poison darts, murder, pain, and insanity, as displayed by his brilliant 2008 LP, London Zoo. He dials down the temperature with King Midas Sound, a dream-dub project featuring poet Roger Robinson and vocalist Kiki Hitomi, with no loss of killer effect. The two share the microphone on the hazy, hypnotic "Goodbye Girl," the ethereal stomp "Outta Space," and the dread-filled environmental polemic "Earth a Kill Ya." Martin weaves subtle production touches throughout, increasing and reducing sonic pressure, adding snares ("One Ting") and crispy crackles and pops ("13 Miles and Miles") atop thickening layers of tasty, melodic bass vibrations.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player