King Tubby 100% of Dub
- Words: Matt Fisher
- Label: Select Cuts
At first glance, 100% of Dub may seem like just another "Best of" title, and if you're familiar with reggae comps, that's reason enough to be wary. But 100% should be considered one of the most significant dub reissues of the last 20 years for reasons other than its impeccable recording quality and content selection. It also represents just how closely Tubby was involved with some of Jamaica's best ever recordings. Well-known hits like the Abyssinians' "Declaration of Rights" and Johnny Osbourne's "Jahovia" are versioned alongside more obscure but equally brilliant cuts like Echo Minott's "Love Light," John Holt's "Tribal War" and Welton Irie's "Lambsbread International," to name a few. It's a history lesson in roots reggae as seen though Tubby's famous four track mixing desk, and an unusual chance to see how crucial Tubby was in transforming Jamaican music into something much larger than itself.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player