Kitbuilders Wake Up [Moddule Version]
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: S.H.A.D.O. Electr
Some say rock 'n' roll will never die, but electro could outlast even that hoary beast. Spawned in the early '80s, this robotically funky style continues to enchant young producers, including K?ln's Kitbuilders (Benway and Ripley). Wake Up originally surfaced in 2001, but reappears here with two bonus remixes of the title track by BolzBolz. Keen students of Kraftwerk's Computer World, Giorgio Moroder, D.A.F. and the Liquid Sky soundtrack, Kitbuilders applies recent electronica's glitch fetish to surprisingly durable '80s synth settings. Ripley's female vocals evoke obligatory anomie and snottiness, but the music's edginess and weird textures help it transcend electroclash ennui.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player