- Words: Susanna Bolle
- Label: Schematic
First impressions can often mislead. Indeed' still can't figure out what I was thinking when I first heard Chaotech. For some reason, at first listen, the quiet joys of Kiyo's shimmering, deftly textured electronics were lost on me. Thankfully' eventually woke up to the subtle pleasures of this full-length debut by the Miami label's least abrasive adherent. Though the crunchy beats and machine-age clank that are Schematic's bread and butter are in plentiful supply, Kiyo is best when he's at his most abstract, creating warm, richly textured soundscapes that gradually coalesce into an undulating groove, rather than simply grounding them with a hip-hop beat. Most definitely worth a second look.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player