- Words: Susanna Bolle
- Label: Schematic
First impressions can often mislead. Indeed' still can't figure out what I was thinking when I first heard Chaotech. For some reason, at first listen, the quiet joys of Kiyo's shimmering, deftly textured electronics were lost on me. Thankfully' eventually woke up to the subtle pleasures of this full-length debut by the Miami label's least abrasive adherent. Though the crunchy beats and machine-age clank that are Schematic's bread and butter are in plentiful supply, Kiyo is best when he's at his most abstract, creating warm, richly textured soundscapes that gradually coalesce into an undulating groove, rather than simply grounding them with a hip-hop beat. Most definitely worth a second look.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player