Klaxons Myths of the Near Future
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Geffen
These London lads did a great job of using glowsticks to convince folks they were the second coming of rave. Forget it. This is bloke-rawk that challenges the Arctic Monkeys and Maximo Park, but has lower self-esteem and higher-proof booze in its gut. "Atlantis to Interzone" is a death-disco stomp that punches clubbers before getting 86'd, and "Forgotten Works" is a fine post-punk ballad that crumples rose thorns in its hand. Despite those tracks, the record can sound bogged down by awkward rhythms and some sour ideas, but there's always remixers to keep Klaxons' myth alive.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player