Klaxons Myths of the Near Future
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Geffen
These London lads did a great job of using glowsticks to convince folks they were the second coming of rave. Forget it. This is bloke-rawk that challenges the Arctic Monkeys and Maximo Park, but has lower self-esteem and higher-proof booze in its gut. "Atlantis to Interzone" is a death-disco stomp that punches clubbers before getting 86'd, and "Forgotten Works" is a fine post-punk ballad that crumples rose thorns in its hand. Despite those tracks, the record can sound bogged down by awkward rhythms and some sour ideas, but there's always remixers to keep Klaxons' myth alive.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsMelé Announces New EP, Streams Title Track
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player