- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
- Label: Astralwerks
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
Stepping out from behind the mixing boards is never an easy task, but synth-loving Swede Andreas Kleerup glides into the artist role on his debut album. Best known for co-authoring the international smash "With Every Heartbeat" with Robyn, here Kleerup continues to pair tastefully bopping dance beats with plaintive pop vocals, making songs like "Longing for Lullabies" and "3am" sound like lost slices of '80s teenage synth-pop. Lykke Li collaboration "Until We Bleed" is a melancholy delight, and even when the tempo picks up on upbeat instrumentals like "Thank You for Nothing" and "Tower of Trellick," the music's polish and restraint maintains a vibe that is almost pastoral, a welcome respite in this age of buzzing bangers.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player