- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
- Label: Astralwerks
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
Stepping out from behind the mixing boards is never an easy task, but synth-loving Swede Andreas Kleerup glides into the artist role on his debut album. Best known for co-authoring the international smash "With Every Heartbeat" with Robyn, here Kleerup continues to pair tastefully bopping dance beats with plaintive pop vocals, making songs like "Longing for Lullabies" and "3am" sound like lost slices of '80s teenage synth-pop. Lykke Li collaboration "Until We Bleed" is a melancholy delight, and even when the tempo picks up on upbeat instrumentals like "Thank You for Nothing" and "Tower of Trellick," the music's polish and restraint maintains a vibe that is almost pastoral, a welcome respite in this age of buzzing bangers.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player